The MakerGear Mosaic 3D Printer
Posted by Rick Pollack on June 02, 2011 3 Comments
We are very pleased to introduce Mosaic - your desktop 3D printing companion. Mosaic is an easy-to-assemble, low-maintenance, fantasically fantastic desktop 3D printer kit.
- Easy-to-assemble, laser-cut wooden frame - assemble it using fasteners (screws/nuts) or for a super-rigid, super-easy assembly, just glue it!
- Silky smooth linear guides and rails for reliability, consistency and accuracy.
- PTFE (non-stick) coated lead screw. Incredibly smooth, 4-start, does not need to be lubricated! Makes adjusting your build platform a breeze!!
- 3/8" precision-ground steel shafts with self-aligning, press-fit, precision bearings - resulting in a very stable build platform.
- MakerGear 1.75mm or 3mm Stepper Plastruder
- RAMPS electronics kit
- NEMA 14 stepper motors with MXL pulleys and belts
- Approx. 5" x 5" x 5" build envelope
- Starter roll of PLA filament
Mosaic Plus includes:
- Heated Build Platform
- Power Supply
- Fully assembled electronics
- PLA and ABS Filament Pack (assorted)
Mosaic is designed to be an easy-to-assemble, low-maintenance, easy-to-use 3D printer. If you are looking to really get your hands dirty with a printer that you can easily modify, tweak and change, take a look at the MakerGear Prusa 3D printer.
Mosaic is available for pre-order. We expect to start shipping in 5 to 7 weeks. Mosaic weighs approx. 6lbs assembled (not including the power supply.)